Risk & Performance Reporting Specialist (Junior) (Ref. 1329)
Bank J. Safra Sarasin Ltd is a leading sustainable private bank, offering all the advantages of the Swiss banking environment together with dynamic and personalised advisory services focusing on opportunities in international financial markets. The Bank provides a high level of services and expertise when acting as investment advisor and asset manager for private and institutional clients. Financial strength, excellent client services and outstanding quality are therefore key elements of its corporate philosophy.
J. Safra Sarasin’s most valuable capital is its employees. They are essential to the success of the organisation, now and in the future. Their technical expertise, professional qualifications and social skills are highly valued by the Group’s clients, management and business partners. The success of J. Safra Sarasin depends on the enthusiasm and commitment of every one of its employees worldwide.
Asset Management & Institutional Clients
Risk & Performance Report Specialist (Junior) (Ref. 1329)
We are a global sustainable asset manager, part of a leading Swiss banking group with a long tradition in managing a broad range of active investment strategies. As a family-owned entity, sustainability is in our DNA. Over 30 years ago we were among the first asset managers to develop sustainable investment strategies. To learn more about our Sustainable Asset Management, visit am-ch.jsafrasarasin.com
Analytics & Business Solutions is a central team within the Asset Management organization reporting directly to the Head of Asset Management. The department's responsibilities include the identification, quantification, analysis and reporting of performance and risk analytics for funds, mandates, certificates and research recommendations. To deliver high quality analytics and to foster in-depth analysis, we have built up and constantly improve our expertise not only in risk and performance, but also in related topics like benchmarks and regulation, systems and models.
With a focus on risk and performance reporting, the position offers the unique opportunity to get a holistic view of our Asset Management strategies, products, processes and tools, and to expand one’s finance, risk & performance and programming skills. We offer the successful candidate a rewarding job with a high degree of responsibility, the ability to work in a dynamic environment, and the opportunity to be part of a successful key team with highly motivated and competent colleagues.
- Timely provision of high quality risk and performance reports, presentations and analyses for clients and internal stakeholders including top management for a wide range of asset classes.
- Maintain our analytics databases. Set up benchmarks and related static data.
- Calculation and booking of performance based fees.
- Exhibit attention to detail when quality checking risk and performance result data. Run control and reconciliation tasks.
- Answer routine questions and follow through on request by portfolio managers, relationship managers, management, RfP specialists.
- Closely collaborate with other team members and other business units, departments and locations.
- Work on special team projects or support other team members in their efforts.
- A master’s degree in Finance or equivalent with excellent academic credentials.
- Some relevant professional experience from a position within asset management, markets or banking.
- Strong technical skills including Excel. Programming skills like VBA, Python and SQL, and system know-how of Bloomberg PORT, FactSet or Avaloq are a strong plus.
- Independent and very accurate way of working. Analytical way of thinking. Ability and dedication to identify problems, design and articulate solutions, and implement changes.
- Continuous improvement and ownership mindset. Motivated and reliable teamplayer.
- Ability to stay focused under pressure and to prioritize workload in order to effectively manage time.
- Strong communication skills with fluency in in both German and English.
Please send your application to:
Only direct applications will be considered