Senior Legal Counsel Private Banking (Ref. A1221)
Bank J. Safra Sarasin Ltd is a leading sustainable private bank, offering all the advantages of the Swiss banking environment together with dynamic and personalised advisory services focusing on opportunities in international financial markets. The Bank provides a high level of services and expertise when acting as investment advisor and asset manager for private and institutional clients. Financial strength, excellent client services and outstanding quality are therefore key elements of its corporate philosophy.
J. Safra Sarasin’s most valuable capital is its employees. They are essential to the success of the organisation, now and in the future. Their technical expertise, professional qualifications and social skills are highly valued by the Group’s clients, management and business partners. The success of J. Safra Sarasin depends on the enthusiasm and commitment of every one of its employees worldwide.
Senior Legal Counsel Private Banking
Assuming legal responsibilities for the business of the Private Banking division in the Geneva Branch and ensuring compliance of the banking activities with relevant laws and regulations.
- Provide legal advisory services in all legal matters related to the Geneva office
- Support Relationship Managers and management of the Bank in legal matters regarding the daily business of the Private Banking division
- Handling of legal procedures of any kind (for litigation cases coordination of the cooperation with external counsel)
- Review of standardized as well as non-standardized agreements between the Bank and clients as well as the Bank and other third parties
- Provide advice on major banking, regulatory or corporate projects and training where necessary
- Responsible for handling requests by authorities and/or requests relating to inheritance cases
- Supporting the General Counsel in various legal matters
- Law degree from a Swiss university and Swiss Bar admission
- At least 6-8 years experience as in-house Counsel, within a Swiss bank in the respective legal field
- Analytical approach with the capacity to find pragmatic business solutions
- Generalist, hands-on approach, discretion and judgment
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and in written
- Ability to accurately work under pressure whilst managing priorities
- Expert verbal and written French and English knowledge; German and Italian are an asset
Please send your application to:
Only direct applications will be considered.