Bank J. Safra Sarasin Ltd is a leading sustainable private bank, offering all the advantages of the Swiss banking environment together with dynamic and personalised advisory services focusing on opportunities in international financial markets. The Bank provides a high level of services and expertise when acting as investor advisor and asset manager for private and institutional clients. Financial strength, excellent client services and outstanding quality are therefore key elements of its corporate philosophy.
J. Safra Sarasin’s most valuable capital is its employees. They are essential to the success of the organisation, now and in the future. Their technical expertise, professional qualifications and social skills are highly valued by the Group’s clients, management and business partners. The success of J. Safra Sarasin depends on the enthusiasm and commitment of every one of its employees worldwide.
Corporate Center & Logistics
Legal & Compliance
Compliance Officer for Monitoring, Surveillance and Controls
Zurich or Geneva
The experienced job holder is part of Compliance Switzerland and core tasks of this position include / oversee Compliance monitoring, surveillance and control tasks in general. The emphasis is on financial crime, particularly on financial intelligence, transaction monitoring, client review and investigation, sanctions screening, and the management and development of respective tools and applications.
- Engage in the collection of information about financial affairs of persons based on external and internal sources and respective analysis of such intelligence to identify financial transactions that may involve criminal activity. Conclude assessment and reporting obligations together with colleagues and prepare suspicious activity reports.
- Operate effectively and design the Compliance control framework across relevant matters, including transaction monitoring (Know Your Transaction, KYT) as well as quality controls of explanations / documentation provided in relation to KYT alerts, message screening through filtering tools, and carry out other controls in relation to gifts & entertainment and fraud.
- Ensure signficant issues identified are fully investigated and promptly escalated, if necessary, in order to manage and mitigate legal, regulatory and reputation risks in adherence ot the applicable laws and regulations as well as internal policies and standards.
- Conduct reviews in the area of trade, personal account dealing rules and restrictions, and other Compliance matters in order to enhance systems, processes and controls.
- Prepare regularly concise management reports on issues and findings to raise awareness and attention to management
- Provide expert advice, support and training to raise awareness on risks related to Compliance aspects with stakeholders, particularly management, relationship managers, operations, supporting functions and others.
- Keep related Compliance manuals, policies and procedures aligned with internal standards and external regulatory changes and expectations as well as best practices.
- Participate in audit reviews, risk assessment and Compliance related projects and initiatives.
- Higher Education (FH/University degree in economics or law or specific Compliance training, e.g. Diploma of Advanced Studies in Compliance Management).
- At least 5 years working experience as Compliance officer in the banking industry and specialist know-how in finanial crime, particularly AML/KYC/KYT monitoring, along with a thorough knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements in combination with a solid understanding of a good compliance culture.
- Strong analytical skills and mind set with the ability to work thoroughly, flexible and independently.
- Good communicator, team player and with an active attitude taking full ownership of his/her tasks and area of responsibility.
- Solution oriented with a pragmatic approach and readiness to closely work with colleagues and stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Ability to work under pressure, to prioritize and to take clear decisions.
- Very good command of English/French/German; other languages are an asset.
Please send your application to:
Only direct applications will be considered.