Sustainability strategy of J. Safra Sarasin
The mission statement of the J. Safra Sarasin Group, the mission statement of the Corporate Sustainability Board (which is derived from the former), strategic goals as well as annual objectives and operational actions constitute the pyramid that demonstrates how J. Safra Sarasin organises its sustainability strategy.
Mission statement of the Corporate Sustainability Board
The mission statement of the Corporate Sustainability Board is derived from the Group’s Mission Statement and summarises how the J. Safra Sarasin Group regards itself in the context of sustainability, sets out its goals and how these are to be achieved.
- J. Safra Sarasin is the global pioneer in sustainable banking. We strive to further strengthen our thought-leadership position.
- At J. Safra Sarasin, sustainability is an integral aspect of our daily business since we incorporate sustainability in our strategy, culture, processes and investment products for the benefit of all our stakeholders.
- J. Safra Sarasin is the first port of call for tailor-made and sustainable investment solutions.
In order to pursue and implement the mission statement of the Corporate Sustainability Board in a focused way, five strategic objectives were defined for the J. Safra Sarasin Group.
- We embed sustainability in our corporate strategy and governance.
- We incorporate sustainability considerations in our core investment offering.
- We live a sustainable corporate culture.
- We are part of the society.
- We manage resources efficiently.
Group sustainability policies
Controversial weapons policy
The J. Safra Sarasin Group actively meets its responsibility when it comes to controversial weapons. Controversial weapons include biological, chemical and nuclear weapons, cluster munitions and anti-personnel mines. The policy states that J. Safra Sarasin Group will not invest its own funds in securities of companies that are active in the domain of controversial weapons. In addition, J. Safra Sarasin will not provide any asset management or investment advisory services to these companies or any services relating to capital markets or mergers & acquisitions.